Devotees offering anjali on the Mahaastomi day at the Manipuribasti Durga Puja mandap in Guwahati on Tuesday. (Sentinel)Violence fails to dampen Puja spirit
From our Staff Correspondent DIBRUGARH, Oct 7: Today is Maha Astami and people’s joys know no bounds. They seem to leave their homes and thronging the puja pandals. The numbers of such puja goers appear belies the sinful hopes of the forces of evil that a few explosions would make people apprehensive and avoid participating in the festivities. Never the less, the tensions exists and in the midst of all these uncertainties, we had asked the cross section of society as to what take on such apprehension and how they would pass the puja days.Aswaini Duara, Principal, Salt Brook Academy says “I am sure the news of unfortunate incidents of the place will deter the festive spirit of the public. After all Ma –Mahisashurmardini visiting once in a year and the people at large are expected to take full advantage of the festivities.”“I generally enjoy my Puja at home and taking out my mother and the family to visit pujas which are in existence since the last century and where religiosity and the puja spirit is given more importance than the present day shows of light and sound,” she said. She added, “Off course, nostalgia do sometime creep in and I steel yarn for the days when I along with my all friends used to cover all the pujas of town on foot but now though the spirit is willing the flesh and nerves are weak.”Moni Saikia, Businessman and President of Dibrugarh District Sports Association says,“ Puja for me is a time for recollecting with my relatives and catching up of old friends. Now, I am at Amguri doing the same. However, I will make time to visit a few puja Mandaps which are a part of my growing ups. As for the apprehensive of disruptive activities I may mention that the relationship at Dibrugarh town unlike most other places are essentially based on irrespective of caste, colour, religion and also irrespective of once social and economic position. This being the basis, I am very sure nothing untoward will happen during the pujas. ”Ajoy Barua, General Secretary of Dibrugarh Nagarik Sangha says,“ I hope that the attempts the division among the peaceful people of Assam, irrespective caste, creed and religion, stays a constant inspite of the recent attempts by anti-social elements to cause disharmony in the society. Let the Ma Durga bless us to rise above all evils and that the state of Assam be peaceful and prosperous. Personally speaking I will be away from Dibrugarh town intending to spend the holiday with my son who works outside the state and who’s holidays are very limited. Speaking about the fear percolating in some section, it is my view that if our minds are free and the thoughts pure Ma- Durgotinashini will make sure no untoward will happen.”Rajiv Konwar, former Chief Administrative Officer, BVFCL,Namrup presently an advocate, sharing his view said,“ I sit in solitude enjoying the happy hours in the evening imbibing the spirit of the occasion. The pujas however, being a heavy cocktail religious fervour and unbridle gaiety, I however make sure, the members of the family enjoy the occasion to the fullest.” “The Mahisasur (the demon) of the day symbolized by acts of explosion and other forms of violence need to be destroyed. Therefore, sitting at home would only encourage those forces. The people therefore, need to enjoy pujas or for that matter any other religious occasion to the fullest. Shuva puja to all.”Ashok Das , Deputy Manager, Behating Tea Estate, commented,“ Do I regret the absence of the spirit that existed in the earlier years. I have no doubts that the people will enjoy the atmosphere to the fullest, which is praiseworthy. Because of such participation, will no doubt send the strong signal to those forces, which are attempting to disrupt the peace of the state. However, because of my growing years, I restrict my movement but I am sure partake in the festivities at the puja organized adjacent to my ancestral home which may lack the glitz of the present day arrangement seen elsewhere but will move them compensative by religiosity, camaraderie and the sense of brotherhood present.” source: sentinel assam
Durga Puja Guwahati Durga Puja Assam Durga Puja Asom Durga Puja Axom Durga Puja Shillong Durga Puja Silchar Durga Puja Cachar Durga Puja Karimganj Durga Puja Hailakandi Durga Puja Barak Valley Durga Puja Dibrugarh Durga Puja Tinsukia Durga Puja
From our Staff Correspondent DIBRUGARH, Oct 7: Today is Maha Astami and people’s joys know no bounds. They seem to leave their homes and thronging the puja pandals. The numbers of such puja goers appear belies the sinful hopes of the forces of evil that a few explosions would make people apprehensive and avoid participating in the festivities. Never the less, the tensions exists and in the midst of all these uncertainties, we had asked the cross section of society as to what take on such apprehension and how they would pass the puja days.Aswaini Duara, Principal, Salt Brook Academy says “I am sure the news of unfortunate incidents of the place will deter the festive spirit of the public. After all Ma –Mahisashurmardini visiting once in a year and the people at large are expected to take full advantage of the festivities.”“I generally enjoy my Puja at home and taking out my mother and the family to visit pujas which are in existence since the last century and where religiosity and the puja spirit is given more importance than the present day shows of light and sound,” she said. She added, “Off course, nostalgia do sometime creep in and I steel yarn for the days when I along with my all friends used to cover all the pujas of town on foot but now though the spirit is willing the flesh and nerves are weak.”Moni Saikia, Businessman and President of Dibrugarh District Sports Association says,“ Puja for me is a time for recollecting with my relatives and catching up of old friends. Now, I am at Amguri doing the same. However, I will make time to visit a few puja Mandaps which are a part of my growing ups. As for the apprehensive of disruptive activities I may mention that the relationship at Dibrugarh town unlike most other places are essentially based on irrespective of caste, colour, religion and also irrespective of once social and economic position. This being the basis, I am very sure nothing untoward will happen during the pujas. ”Ajoy Barua, General Secretary of Dibrugarh Nagarik Sangha says,“ I hope that the attempts the division among the peaceful people of Assam, irrespective caste, creed and religion, stays a constant inspite of the recent attempts by anti-social elements to cause disharmony in the society. Let the Ma Durga bless us to rise above all evils and that the state of Assam be peaceful and prosperous. Personally speaking I will be away from Dibrugarh town intending to spend the holiday with my son who works outside the state and who’s holidays are very limited. Speaking about the fear percolating in some section, it is my view that if our minds are free and the thoughts pure Ma- Durgotinashini will make sure no untoward will happen.”Rajiv Konwar, former Chief Administrative Officer, BVFCL,Namrup presently an advocate, sharing his view said,“ I sit in solitude enjoying the happy hours in the evening imbibing the spirit of the occasion. The pujas however, being a heavy cocktail religious fervour and unbridle gaiety, I however make sure, the members of the family enjoy the occasion to the fullest.” “The Mahisasur (the demon) of the day symbolized by acts of explosion and other forms of violence need to be destroyed. Therefore, sitting at home would only encourage those forces. The people therefore, need to enjoy pujas or for that matter any other religious occasion to the fullest. Shuva puja to all.”Ashok Das , Deputy Manager, Behating Tea Estate, commented,“ Do I regret the absence of the spirit that existed in the earlier years. I have no doubts that the people will enjoy the atmosphere to the fullest, which is praiseworthy. Because of such participation, will no doubt send the strong signal to those forces, which are attempting to disrupt the peace of the state. However, because of my growing years, I restrict my movement but I am sure partake in the festivities at the puja organized adjacent to my ancestral home which may lack the glitz of the present day arrangement seen elsewhere but will move them compensative by religiosity, camaraderie and the sense of brotherhood present.” source: sentinel assam
Durga Puja Guwahati Durga Puja Assam Durga Puja Asom Durga Puja Axom Durga Puja Shillong Durga Puja Silchar Durga Puja Cachar Durga Puja Karimganj Durga Puja Hailakandi Durga Puja Barak Valley Durga Puja Dibrugarh Durga Puja Tinsukia Durga Puja
No comments:
Post a Comment